Christopher is a Senior Manager in HBK Valuation Group’s Pittsburgh office with more than 16 years of experience providing litigation support services and business valuation services for estate/gift tax purposes, mergers and acquisitions, divorce cases and economic damage cases.
He has provided valuation services to a variety of clients in the following industries:
- Healthcare and Social Assistance
- Retail Trade
- Finance and Insurance
- Service industries
- Professional and Technical Services
Christopher’s litigation support experience includes business valuations, income calculations, and the tracing of marital and non-marital asset components for defined contributions plans, defined benefit plans, equity awards, and other deferred compensation benefits. He has been qualified as an expert witness in Allegheny, Fayette, Mercer, Washington and Westmoreland Counties in Pennsylvania.
Christopher’s accounting experience includes personal tax return preparation, corporate and partnership tax return preparation, payroll tax preparation, auditing services and financial statement preparation.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Member, National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
Q: Describe your current role at the firm and your responsibilities.
CP: My responsibilities include advising and providing guidance to co-workers on any valuation or litigation issues in order to arrive at a solution. I am responsible for obtaining referral sources and clients to ensure that the firm will continue to maintain or increase its current level of business. With regard to litigation engagements, the majority of my business, I’m responsible for advising the attorneys and clients on all economic issues of a case in order to arrive at a reasonable solution.
Q: How has your process changed in the past five to ten years with advances in technology and increasing availability of information?
CP: The ability to access information remotely has changed the way we do our jobs. The ability to retrieve any document or access our calculations without physically being in the office is a competitive advantage. In addition, it offers flexibility in our work schedules to help maintain balance in our lives between work and family responsibilities.
Q: What would you look for in a valuation advisor?
CP: I would look for someone with experience in the industry and the knowledge to apply a valuable service or product to the client or referral source. The valuation advisor should maintain the personal skills to explain the valuation process in a clear and concise form to provide the knowledge needed for the client or co-worker to make informed decisions.
Our Leadership Team
- Kelly L. Carrier, ASA, CBA, CPA-ABV, CFP® Principal-in-Charge
- Todd F. Bryarly, CFA, ASA, CBA, MBA Principal
- Beth A. Mascetta, CPA, CVA Principal
- Richard F. Brabender, JD, CVA Senior Director
- Christopher G. Cothran, CPA, CVA, CGMA Director
- Stacey D. Udell, CPA, ABV, CFF, CVA Director
- Debbie Foister, CPA, CFE, CFF, CIRA, CVA Senior Manager
- Christopher J. Pattison, CVA Senior Manager
- Robert J. Zahner, CPA/ABV, ASA, CVA Senior Manager