Beth Mascetta is a principal of HBK Valuation Group, LLC, in the firm’s downtown Pittsburgh office. She has vast experience in the delivery of business consulting services to privately owned businesses and individuals. She provides specialized valuation services to law firms, manufacturers, brokerage companies, automobile dealerships, service industries and the public sector, as well as not-for-profit organizations.
Beth has over 21 years’ experience providing litigation support services, particularly in the area of divorce matters and valuation for closely held corporations and partnerships. Her experience includes valuation of deferred benefits, forensic accounting related to asset tracing, due diligence related to the sale of businesses, calculation of economic damages and lost earnings. She has significant experience in all phases of trial preparation and has been qualified as an expert witness in Allegheny, Armstrong, Bucks, Cambria, Elk, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Jefferson, Lawrence, Mercer, Washington and Westmoreland counties in Pennsylvania; Franklin County in Ohio; and Indian River County in Florida.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Robert Morris University
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- Certified Divorce Planner
- Member, Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, National Association of Certified Valuations and Analysts (NACVA)
Q: Have you always been interested in valuation?
BM: My interest in valuation grew from a need in the litigation support industry that wasn’t being provided by my previous firm. Adding these services allowed me to become a “go-to” professional and contribute to the firm’s and my overall success.
Q: Is there a specific accomplishment you’re proud of?
BM: Leaving my comfort zone, a regional CPA firm, to build a successful litigation support and business valuation group with my partner.
Q: How has your process changed in the past five to ten years with advances in technology and the increasing availability of information?
BM: One of the most important things we do is work with an individual’s or company’s most sensitive information. The protection of that highly sensitive information is paramount. We receive this information in an electronic format and the transfer of this information must be protected. I think the transfer of information is one of the biggest changes over the past few years.
Our Leadership Team
- Kelly L. Carrier, ASA, CBA, CPA-ABV, CFP® Principal-in-Charge
- Todd F. Bryarly, CFA, ASA, CBA, MBA Principal
- Beth A. Mascetta, CPA, CVA Principal
- Richard F. Brabender, JD, CVA Senior Director
- Christopher G. Cothran, CPA, CVA, CGMA Director
- Stacey D. Udell, CPA, ABV, CFF, CVA Director
- Debbie Foister, CPA, CFE, CFF, CIRA, CVA Senior Manager
- Christopher J. Pattison, CVA Senior Manager
- Robert J. Zahner, CPA/ABV, ASA, CVA Senior Manager