Debbie is Senior Manager of Forensic Services in the HBK Valuation Group and works primarily out of the Erie, Pennsylvania office. She joined the firm in January 2014 and has over 25 years of accounting experience in the corporate and public accounting sectors.
Debbie has perfected her skills in Financial and Forensic Specialties, she has worked in many areas related to litigation, including:
- Fraudulent Transfer
- Mortgage Fraud
- Insurance Fraud
- Hidden Assets
- Tax Evasion
- Fraudulent Disbursements
- Bank Fraud
- Payroll Schemes
- Asset Misappropriation
- Shareholder Dispute
- Financial Statement Fraud
- Loan Fraud
- Economic Damages
Debbie leads and manages projects in HBK’s Forensic and Litigation Support Services, working on cases related to the above noted matters, in addition to those involving criminal and/or civil litigation. Her extensive background in public and private company accounting and tax services has qualified her to manage complex litigation cases involving forensic accounting and investigations, and provide expert testimony.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Minor in Economics, Graduated Magna Cum Laude, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Member, Association of Insolvency Restructuring Advisors (AIRA)
- Member, National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
- Member, Delta Mu Delta National Honor Society in Business Administration
Q: Have you always been interested in forensics and/or litigation support?
DF: The first time I realized I was blessed with forensic accounting skills was back in the 1990s, before forensics was a buzz word in the accounting industry. At that time, I was a controller for several synergistic companies that operated in various states. My responsibilities included safeguarding the company assets by implementing strong internal controls, transparent accounting, and expense accountability. Ten years later, I started my career in public accounting as a tax preparer. During my first year, I worked on a divorce project that involved hidden marital assets. My love of forensic accounting escalated from that point.
Q: What is the most fulfilling aspect about your work?
DF: When I am able to make a client’s life easier financially and emotionally by providing the best business advisory services I can offer them.
Q: What do you like most about the culture at HBKVG?
DF: HBKVG is a forward-thinking group, striving to be a leader in the specialty accounting industry. HBKVG invests in current technology, new services, new locations and employees.
Our Leadership Team
- Kelly L. Carrier, ASA, CBA, CPA-ABV, CFP® Principal-in-Charge
- Todd F. Bryarly, CFA, ASA, CBA, MBA Principal
- Beth A. Mascetta, CPA, CVA Principal
- Richard F. Brabender, JD, CVA Senior Director
- Christopher G. Cothran, CPA, CVA, CGMA Director
- Stacey D. Udell, CPA, ABV, CFF, CVA Director
- Debbie Foister, CPA, CFE, CFF, CIRA, CVA Senior Manager
- Christopher J. Pattison, CVA Senior Manager
- Robert J. Zahner, CPA/ABV, ASA, CVA Senior Manager